Mad Hippie Triple C Night Cream
A deeply hydrating treatment packed with 3 forms of vitamin C, potent antioxidants & adaptogens. With 19 cutting-edge actives, this synergistic formula brings dramatically brighter, healthier, smoother looking skin in just one jar! Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Triple C - 3 bioavailable forms of vitamin C, each with distinct biological processes, join forces to rejuvenate and protect the skin from exposure to daily stressors.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate & Ascorbyl Glucoside, all incredibly bioavailable & effective forms of vitamin C, work to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of discoloration, while lessening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reishi - Known as the "mushroom of immortality" in Chinese medicine, reishi is a powerful adaptogen that is packed with antioxidants and hydrating elements.
- Sodium PCA – A naturally occurring humectant, Sodium PCA helps bind moisture to the skin, dramatically improving skin hydration.
- Cloudberry - A revered Nordic berry notorious for its ability to grow in the harshest of conditions, Cloudberry is packed with rejuvenating antioxidants such as vitamin C & beta carotene that help even the complexion and brighten!
- Turmeric extract - A powerhouse antioxidant great for acne-prone skin, turmeric extract helps lighten the appearance of skin discoloration and provide antioxidant protection. Turmeric extract gives the benefits of the revered ancient herb, without the yellow staining effect of standard turmeric.
- Chaga - A natural adaptogen packed with powerful antioxidants including superoxide dismutase and zinc. Works to rejuvenate and protect the skin from daily stressors and exposure to pollutants.
- Shea Butter - Used in Africa for centuries for its moisturizing & soothing properties, shea butter is a rich source of the powerful antioxidants vitamin A & E, crucial fatty acids and cinnamic acid.
- Ceramide - Forms a thin lipid barrier that holds in moisture, while protecting & nourishing the skin.
More about the product:
Did you know? Vitamin C builds up a reservoir in the skin where it offers protection from oxidative stress caused by sun exposure for up to 72 hours!
Low waste packaging: The simple glass jar and metal cap speak to our ongoing desire to minimize waste. The product is fully stabilized and oxidation is not a concern. We include a bamboo spoon that is naturally antibacterial :)
Do you worry about oxidation?
The forms of vitamin C we use are much more stable than traditional ascorbic acid. Mad Hippie products all contain clean, safe preservatives to ensure stability.
Gently massage into the skin to ensure actives fully penetrate. Can be worn over the Vitamin C or Vitamin A Serum.
Is this too much for oily or acne-prone skin? For oily skin or acne-prone skin, the Vitamin C Serum is a better option for getting your daily Vitamin C.
Can this be worn over the Exfoliating Serum? If using the Exfoliating Serum, Mad Hippie recommends staggering use of the Triple C Night Cream and Exfoliating Serum night to night.
Can this be used with the Face Cream? If also using Mad Hippie Face Cream, we would rotate night to night, or use Face Cream during the day & Triple C Night Cream at night, for example. Each product has very distinct actives that will bring benefits to the skin.
Can this be used with the Eye Cream? Yes, if you have very dry skin you could layer this over the Eye Cream. For some it might be too much moisture though, and for those folks, Mad Hippie recommend staggering the two products.
Can product be worn during the day? Sure! The Triple C Night Cream is great day or night - really whenever extra hydration is needed!
Could this replace my morning Vit C Serum? Or not the same Vit C concentrate? Great question! The Vitamin C Serum contains a distinct form of Vitamin C that is wonderful for acne-prone skin as well as for reducing the appearance of discoloration! The new Triple C Night Cream is a deeply hydrating cream with 3 different forms of Vitamin C and is best suited to drier skin types that need extra hydration. The Vitamin C Serum can be used in the morning and the Triple C Night Cream can be used at night or the Triple C Night Cream can layered over the Vitamin C Serum if desired.
Is your shea butter free trade? Yes!
Is shea butter comedogenic? While shea butter is ultra hydrating, it is not traditionally considered to be comedogenic and gets a 0 on most comedogenic scales.